Am 06.11.2011 11:33, schrieb Razvan Rotaru:
> I remember having the same frustrations some time ago. Not that
> they are gone now. :) It obviously depends on the tool, and these
> code analysis you describe you get only in IDEs. I don't know what
> tool you are using now, but you have them all described in the
> Getting Started page (http://
> dev.clojure.org/display/doc/Getting+Started).
>
> My experience is only with vim + slimv
> (http://www.vim.org/scripts/ script.php?script_id=2531) +
> swank-clojure (https://github.com/ technomancy/swank-clojure), and
> I can tell you it's far from what you are looking for. Emacs +
> slime + swank-clojure is probably better, but not by much. I would
> recommend Intellij + La Clojure (without actually having tried  it
> myself), and that's because of the emphasis of Intellij on these
> analysis tools. La Clojure seems to be supported by JetBrains, and
> that gives it a big potential.

i'm already using it. it does offer code completion for imported java
classes and public functions of used namespaces which is better than
nothing. i can also misuse(?) its code highlighting features to spot
unresolvable function calls, and it offers basic "find
usage"-searches. but it's far from what i'm used to.

java is a lot more verbose, but with the current level of tool
support, i'm slower using clojure as soon as i have to change existing
code :/

> However it seems that in the lisp world, code analysis tools are
> that wanted. We have Common Lisp for quite some time now, and
> people seem quite happy with slime.
>
> Razvan
>
> On Nov 5, 2:16 pm, Dennis Haupt <d.haup...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm half done with my asteroids clone. i stumbled over a few
> problems and wanted to know how others already solved them :)
>
> i am used to "less concrete programming". i ask my tools to do the
> actual analysis and coding for me: * where is that used? * rename
> that * show me all errors * add a parameter here * autocomplete
> this for me, i am too lazy to even remember the exact method name *
> show me a list of all methods and fields starting with an "e" that
> fit in here. i know the one i want is in that list.
>
> as elegant as clojure may be as a language, it's dragging me down
> to almost native text editing which i did more than 10 years ago
> when i wrote a game in turbo pascal.
>
> how did you solve these problem and get some tool-support? or
> don't you miss it because of something i am not aware of?

- --