For many of the older languages I look at, there are big open source
projects that people are working on that are making a big impact. C has
linux, Javascript has jQuery and Khan Academy's frameworks, Java has their
libraries, etc. etc.

Are there any Clojure projects I could contribute to?

I know new ideas are being developed all the time, I can see them cropping
up on here everyday. It seems like by the time I hear about it, they are
implemented already and most of the bugs have been sussed out though.
Besides hacking on clojure itself, there doesn't seem like there are any
projects I could add to (and I would have to learn way more to be able to
contribute anything useful with the clojure code).
-Zack