On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 9:25 AM, finbeu <info_pe...@t-online.de> wrote:
> yes, when starting my project, I was looking at the logging library which
> resides (resided) in clojure.contrib and I didn't like it at that point in
> time. I think because it was trying to do too many things at once. If my use
> case can be solved with some small java wrappers, I try to do it on my own.

FWIW:

(use 'clojure.tools.logging)
(info (range 4))

happily logs (0 1 2 3) - with tools.logging 0.2.3

Sorry to seem to be belaboring the point but the "standard" logging
library "just works" and handles lazy sequences without needing any
workarounds (unless I'm missing something here?).

The reason I'm pushing on this is that it's entirely possible that a
contrib library wasn't suitable "back then" but things are moving
along pretty well with the modular contrib libraries now and it's
helpful - for all of us - for folks to use those, for a number of
reasons. It avoids reinventing the wheel. It gets more usage of
libraries that we want as robust as possible. If folks don't like the
modular contrib libraries, we need the feedback in the form of JIRA
tickets so that we can improve them - and open discussion on the
lists.
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN

"Perfection is the enemy of the good."