I recommend A and B, used to do C.  That is install Clojure with
Homebrew so you can quickly pull up a REPL to try things.  To start
the REPL you run "clj" as in /usr/local/bin/clj.  I was expecting it
to be called "clojure" and that threw me off a bit.

When doing a project of any size whatsoever Leiningen is great, super
simple, get's out of your way, manages classpath and dependency issues
and let's you focus more on the problem you are trying to solve and
less on managing your project.  If you want a REPL that loads the
projects dependencies it's as simple as "lein repl".  I know of a
handful of hardcore Clojure folks who only interact with Clojure
through Leiningen.

What Chris mentioned is the traditional way to execute Clojure since
the "runtime" is simply a jar that needs to be on the classpath when
invoking the Java Virtual Machine.  I used to wrap that call in a
shell script but now Homebrew does that for me.  Less management
around upgrades.

Cheers,
Daniel