Just do like this:

1.clone https://github.com/technomancy/clojure-mode.git into preferred
directory e.g ./~git.
add (add-to-list 'load-path "~/git/clojure-mode")
     (require 'clojure-mode)
to .emacs

2.Install leiningen
3.(from terminal) lein plugin install swank-clojure 1.3.3
4.(from terminal ) lein new testproject
cd testproject
5.(open file in emacs )c-x c-f testproject/core.clj
6.(emacs ) M-x clojure-jack-in

You are good to hack!