Hi Laurent!

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 7:42 AM, Laurent PETIT <laurent.pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Dave !
>
> 2011/12/21 Dave Ray <dave...@gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've just release Seesaw 1.3.0. Details of this release can be found
>> in the release notes [1]. There are a few features I'm pretty happy
>> about, so I'll mention them briefly here.
>>
>> Interactive development: So far, learning Seesaw has meant getting
>> familiar with Java and Swing. I think that element will always be
>> there, but it can be made better. Toward that end, two new functions,
>> (seesaw.dev/show-options) and (seesaw.dev/show-events) can be used at
>> the repl to ask a widget about it's options and events respectively.
>> Hopefully this will save a few trips to the Javadocs. I've already
>> used it several times myself. Example output can be found in this gist
>> [2]
>
> This sounds great !
>
> As a tool builder, I'd also be interested if what is printed in *out*
> by these functions could also be made available as pure data, so that
> e.g. at some point in time, CCW could provide a specialized tabular
> view to display (edit?) this information.
>
> What do you think about that ?

Sounds fun to me. show-options and show-events are already working off
structured data provided by functions called get-option-map and
events-for, respectively (sitting next to each other those names
aren't that consistent, are they?). So it would be pretty easy I
think. The examples for each option are currently just a vector of
values. Editing would probably need some more metadata about types and
valid values.

Dave