On Thu, Dec 22, 2011 at 11:54 AM, daly <d...@axiom-developer.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-12-20 at 00:26 -0800, Adam Getchell wrote:
> > BTW I looked at marginalia+leiningen, which seems to work for my
> > purposes except I'm unclear where to put the .tex files.
>
> I'm not sure what this sentence means. The .tex files ARE the
> literate program. By analogy, you seem to be asking something like

Please allow me to elucidate. In the literate programming tool I mentioned,
marginalia, the output is, in fact, raw HTML. A very kind gentlemen
involved with the project pointed me to the source code documentation
wherein I discerned that the LaTeX code was to be embedded directly in the
comments. Unfortunately, at present the moderately complex equations with
which I should like to document have not rendered in a fitting manner so as
to be read or understood clearly.

> "I'm writing a book but I don't know where to put the text".

That question, good sir, would seem to depend upon the choice of writing
implement and media. Would not a Victorian gentleman, asked to pen such a
book, eventually display a puzzled comportment were he to be presented a
computer monitor?

Clearly, as a craftsman of computer algebra tools yourself, you must agree
that the selection of implements is of some import, lest you abandon that
enterprise entirely and use Mathematica instead.

> The combination of literate + TDD seems forbidding.
>
> Are you finding it hard to explain why you wrote a test?

The difficulties with which I have found myself in relate to some degree to
my extreme inexperience with their methodologies, both theoretical and
practical, as well as some odd discrepancies with the particular set of
tools I have chosen. In another response to a separate missive, a gentlemen
confirmed that there were some strange interactions betwixt midje and
marginalia.

Having received the benefit of your kind reply, I must confess to a
puzzlement which has vexed me ever since I read your missive. It is this:
how should I have read it so as to receive some knowledge or insight with
which I had not formerly possessed in the moments prior? For in truth I
have not been able to discern its helpfulness thereby.

Adam Getchell