> Yes - I do get the result of the print function in the repl (i.e. nil), and
> I'm trying to see how I can somehow prevent that nil from printing to stdout.

Yeah, the point I was making is that you are always going to see that
'nil' printed at the repl because it always evaluates and prints the
result of the function, where as in reality that 'nil' would never get
written to stdout (unless you explicitly captured it and wrote it
yourself). It's the repl that's special - not the -main function.