On Sun, Jan 1, 2012 at 10:31 PM, Stephen Compall
<stephen.comp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-01-01 at 22:10 -0500, Cedric Greevey wrote:
>> Odd that this isn't named not-empty? with a ? character.
>
> Not at all; it's not a predicate.  See also `every?' versus `some'.

It's useful as an if or cond clause; that to me says "predicate".
"Some" is a more borderline case, since its name refers to the element
it returns if one fits, rather than to a yes-or-no property like
"empty" or "not empty". A question-name for using the behavior of the
some function as a predicate would probably be better off as "any?"
rather than "some?".

>> Where are these documented? Better yet, all the differences from 1.2
>> in 1.3? There's one frequently-referenced page about the numerics
>> changes, but that's obviously not the full extent of 1.3's changes.
>
> http://dev.clojure.org/display/design/defrecord+improvements

That's obviously not the full extent of 1.3's changes any more than
the numerics changes are.

> The mostly complete master list is changes.txt or changes.md in the
> source.

And that will obviously be chock-full of internals changes and
miscellaneous tweaks and not just the user-visible feature
changes/additions, aimed more at developers of Clojure itself than at
developers using Clojure to make other things.

I'm asking where there's a page oriented at Clojure's *users* and
listing all of the feature/semantic/API changes from 1.2. Something to
get someone more up to speed on the new version's differences without
having to pore over all of the API docs and other docu looking for
things they don't remember from 1.2.