Oh wow, sorry- I didn't see your reply in time and for some reason
figured you were using clj-redis.

This is actually easier since (if I recall correctly) redis-clojure is
able to write byte[]s and has an as-bytes macro for reading.

So you'd want something like this (untested):

(defn thaw [k]
  (redis/with-server {:host "dev-1" :port 6379 :db 0}
    (let [j (redis/as-bytes (redis/hget k k))]
      (if (nil? j)
        (do
           (info (str "Not found in redis cache " k))
            nil)
        (do
          (info (str "Thawed from redis cache " k))
          (df/thaw-from-array j))))))

(defn freeze [k results]
  (redis/with-server {:host "dev-1" :port 6379 :db 0}
    (redis/hmset k k (df/freeze-to-array results))))

--
Peter