Have seen this as well. For efficiency sake 1.3.0 requires :dynamic
meta for convention based ear-muffed vars (intended for rebinding).
The warning actually is quite descriptive if you think about it.
See more in-depth discussion at
http://blog.japila.pl/2011/03/cant-dynamically-bind-non-dynamic-var-in-clojure-1-3/

HTH