> One other concern to keep in mind is that many JavaScript libraries
> aren't compatible with the Closure compiler's advanced optimizations.
> Advanced optimizations are awesome---I'm working on a Clojure data
> visualization library similar in spirit to D3, and for many static
> visualizations the compiled JavaScript (including the ClojureScript
> runtime itself) is less than half the size of minified D3.

This is both the bane and the beauty of clojurescript.
Having gclosure compiler produces great results for clojurescript code.
But there is an army of developers creating some great js code that will
never be gclosure compatible.
every jquery plugin comes to mind.

you can bring this in - but you cant use advanced compilations.
And, if you don't use advanced optimisations - generated code
is...well...plump.
This problem comes from gclosure, not a clojurescript directly.

Also - even if a library is gclosure compilable - you still may not want to
use it because interop mentioned above...

In my opinion - you can do things in clojurescript much better and faster
than in js.
But this does not help if the clojurescript library scene is small.
More ClojureScripters required...

and.... Google - are you listening out there?
  - please get on board and put some backing to clojurescript!
  - It is the best way to use your tools.