Cedric,

I agree that the other editors are simpler to set up, though probably
not by as wide a margin as your set of instructions might suggest.

If you just look at the bold headings in my post, the instructions
are:
1.  Install JDK
2.  Install Leiningen
3.  Install Emacs
4.  Install Clojure mode
5.  Install Swank plugin.

The post had a lot more typing than that, because it seemed like the
instructions I found each of the editors had at least 1 step that
assumed you already knew how to use the editor for other things.
(Except Clooj which isn't used for anything else).

There is a complexity in your response that is easy to go unnoticed.
3 others.  As someone who has spent so long developing with Microsoft
products, my ability to make such choices has atrophied.

Part of the purpose of my post was to make arbitrary choices.  As far
as I can tell it makes no difference whether you use curl or wget in
your Leiningen install, so I only mentioned curl and took away one
moving part.  My choice to copy and paste clojure-mode.el instead of
using Git was a crude one, but also an easy one to explain.

That philosophy is constricting to people who are used to having
choices, but comforting to those who aren't.

Rick