Hello All,

Looking at the docs for core.cache:
https://github.com/clojure/core.cache

There is mention that support for SoftCache (caching using soft references) is
not supported as the clache implementation was buggy and so not (yet) brought
over.

We are looking to add soft-reference based caching to one of our applications
and I was wondering if anyone could shed light on what the issues with clache's
implementation were (i.e. is a total loss, or would it potentially be a good
place for us to start, and so perhaps implement something that could be
submitted back).

For background:
Our ideal solution would be something like a LRU cache that had a fixed-memory
constraint (e.g. some % of the total memory available to the box and/or JVM) so
that we can minimize trips to the data store yet still ensure the application
doesn't start paging due to too large a cache in an otherwise pretty
simple/vanilla environment (i.e. no updates, read-only data).

Also open to other approach than core.cache that are being used by others in
the clojure community (e.g. wrapping ehcache or memcache-d, jcs etc).

thanks,
bill