Sean Neilan <s...@seanneilan.com> writes:

> Should I trust the readme for swank-clojure, the dev.clojure.org
> site, the comments on dev.clojure.org, the blog post at
> technomancy.us/149 or the radically simplified setup here?

The swank-clojure readme should be the most reliable. You may find a
better explanation of how all the pieces fit together elsewhere, but for
swank-clojure itself, trust the readme.

> can I trust the part about how swank-clojure is available as an emacs
> package?

No, that's very old. Where are you seeing it?

> Also, somebody somewhere else said there are issues with swank-clojure
> 1.4.0 and that I should use 1.3.x instead.

Do you remember any details? For a time the 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT was behind on
the elisp payload stuff, but it should be fine now.

-Phil