Maybe it is that you haven't included the directory where the cake
executable is in the text mate PATH.

For instance, my PATH is defined
as: /Users/jmgimeno/Local/cake/bin:/usr/bin

because my cake executable is in /Users/jmgimeno/Local/cake and textmate
needs /usr/bin for other things.

To change it you can go to Texmate -> Preferences -> Advanced and select
the Shell Variables tab.

Hope this helps,

Juan Manuel

PS: FWIW the clojure bundle no longer needs contrib.