>>How is performance looking so far?

On CPython...well about as good as CPython is comared to Java. On PyPy
however, we're pretty close to Clojure. Currently on a factorial
example, clojure-jvm runs in about 15 sec. On clojure-py it's about 24
sec. But there's always room for more optimization.

> I know it's early, but have there been any thoughts/plans around
> interop and dependency management, possibly providing some sort of
> bridge between lein and pip/easy_install/virtualenv?  And is
> performance the main drive here?

Well first of all, the real main drive, is that I don't know Java libs
nearly as well as Python libs. Secondly, there's a lot of cruft (imo)
in Clojure that doesn't need to exist in a dynamic VM. For instance,
there's no reason to new up something with (Foo. 1 2). In python
objects are functions, so (Foo 1 2) works just fine.

We have an alpha version of a shim built for integrating clojure with
python. So in a python program you can do this;

import clojure
import examples.factorial  # where examples/factorial.clj exists
somewhere in the search path

Clojure-py functions are python functions, and deftypes are classes,
so interop is actually really good so far.

Timothy