Just found your CLJ-891 and added a comment there that keyword has similar
issues with a link to this thread.

See that you tried to solve it in java… while I tried to stay up in clj … but
any protocol-based solution seems to be up in the air still (?).

Hopefully both interfaces can be enhanced in silmilar ways.

-FrankS.