Greetings,

I've stumbled across the following problem, which I believe is common and
should have some sort of generic solution. Imagine I have

... ;; code inside defn
;; I extract some information out of my atom in closure:
(swap! my-atom
  (fn [val]
    (let [extracted-info1 (extract-something-from val)
      extracted-info2 (extract-something-else-from val)]
        ;; update the atom
        (-> val
          (assoc ...) (assoc))))) ;; out of swap!

;; still code inside defn
;; now, here I need to use those extracted-info1, extracted-info2 that I
got out of atom inside swap! operation
;; What would be the common way to pass that information here? Using vals
doesn't sound right.

Have a beer!
Tom