On Tuesday, March 27, 2012 4:54:56 PM UTC-6, Phil Hagelberg wrote:

> Julien Chastang writes:
>
> > Can lein install create checksum (MD5, SHA-1) files  when installing
> > artifacts in a local Maven repository?  Heroku requires artifacts be
> > deployed with checksum files.
>
> Can you explain a bit more about what you're trying to do? I can't think
> of anything specific to Heroku that would require checksum files.

I have Clojure project artifacts that are not in a public Maven repository,
but simply in a local repository (so-called unmanaged dependencies). When
pushing a project to Heroku, Heroku will attempt to install the local
dependencies from a Maven repository that is bundled with your project. See
https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/local-maven-dependencies. If the
artifacts do not contain checksum files, they are ignored by the
installation process, or at the very least you get pesky warnings about
this. (The whole unmanaged dependency Heroku deployment is fragile, and
took me a while to get right.)

> > lein install generates a pom.xml, but when running mvn install
> > -DcreateChecksum=true from that pom.xml, mysteriously the .clj files
> > are not packaged up in the artifact jar.
>
> It sounds like you might want "lein deploy" rather than "lein install";
> that should create the necessary metadata files.

$ lein help deploy

Build jar and deploy to remote repository.

$ lein help install

Install current project or download specified project. With no arguments,
installs the current project and its dependencies in your local repository.
I believe lein install is the correct choice.

Thanks for all your work with leiningen. It is a nice tool.