On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 9:29 AM, Petr Gladkikh <petrg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am pondering on the idea of having more (or even a lot) of metadata
> that could be useful for debugging and problem resolution.
> Since we can store anything in metadata, can we store not only  source
> file path and line number but whole source code that is associated
> with piece of code?

See https://github.com/technomancy/serializable-fn/ for a
proof-of-concept of this idea.

It's always bothered be that defn puts metadata on the var and not on
the function itself.

Anyway, supposedly Rich is in favour of having "dynamicity knobs"
according to his Conj 2011 keynote, and this sounds like just the kind
of thing that would fall under that.

-Phil