There must be something strange going on. The Clojure 1.3 ZIP file is only
4.5 MB.

The Clojure distribution is published through the public Maven repository
system, which has many mirrors:
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Mirrors+Repositories

For example, here's one mirror of Clojure 1.3:
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/org/clojure/clojure/1.3.0/

-S