> But interop is not the main goal in the design of the language...
>
> It's a nice feature.

That's not true. Clojure is a hosted language. Easy interop with the host
platform is one of the main goals of the language. See
http://clojure.org/jvm_hosted.

They are not "the same"

I've said "same value", not the "same object". If some number equals 1,
then this number is 1, right? Also, '(1 2 3) and [1 2 3] represents the
*same* value, although they are backed by the different objects. I believe
this simple model of values (along with state and identity) is one of the
key clojure advantages. It's strange for me that equal objects representing
the *same* value are treated in different ways by clojure. It's the same as
if (= (map identity [1 2 3]) (map identity (into-array [1 2 3]))) would
return false.

The Boolean class is not used by Clojure to represent boolean values. It
> happens
> that the java false primitive matches the Clojure representation for false.
> The fact that Java considers the false primitive value to be the same as
> (Boolean. false) is irrelevant here.

>  The boolean JVM class IS NOT a Clojure type as per Clojure, it's a Java
> class, nothing more.

That's not true. The quote from http://clojure.org/jvm_hosted:
"Clojure is designed to be a hosted language, sharing the JVM type system"

 Anytime you are using directly a class, you quit the Clojure world to
> dive in Java

Clojure string are Java strings. Clojure numbers are Java numbers. So when
I'm writing (println "boo!") or (inc 1), you'd call it "quit the Clojure
world to dive in Java"?

This transparency may make you thing that this behaviour is odd but
> it's an illusion.

It's not an illusion. This behaviour is odd, and the existence of this
topic are the best evidence of this fact.