On 21 April 2012 14:41, Dan Cross <cro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 21, 2012 at 6:20 AM, David Jagoe <davidja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can anybody tell me whether wkhtmltopdf or flying-saucer deal with
> > pagination properly? I've been templating TeX to get properly laid out
> > tables broken over multiple pages. But of course I'd much rather just
> > generate the PDFs from the HTML that I am already maintaining.
>
> Somewhat tangential, but why not generate HTML from TeX?

Are there existing tools for doing that? My current approach is to have a
single markup language (looks like hiccup) that is a superset of
(html-hiccup + pdf-hiccup) that can translate to html-hiccup and pdf-hiccup
for final rendering. When doing the translation any irrelevant tags (e.g.
page breaks for html) are suitably ignored. I suppose if one was to choose
html -> tex or tex -> html then the latter may be better in my situation
because the tex has richer layout semantics.

Cheers,
David

> > On 20 April 2012 19:40, Tim Robinson <tim.blacks...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Also, wkhtmltopdf  has worked well for me.
> >>
> >> http://code.google.com/p/wkhtmltopdf/

> which

> >> --
> >

> > --