On May 5, 2012, at 7:38 PM, Rostislav Svoboda wrote:
> My guess is that any of the dependencies I defined in my project.clj contains
>    :dependencies [[org.clojure/clojure "1.3.0"] ... ]
> so it overrides my [org.clojure/clojure "1.4.0"]

If you have Leiningen 2, you can find the culprit like this:

659 $ lein2 deps :tree
 [colorize 0.1.1]
 [ordered 1.2.0]
   [org.clojure/clojure 1.2.1]            <<<===
 [org.clojure/algo.monads 0.1.0]
 [org.clojure/core.incubator 0.1.0]
 [org.clojure/core.unify 0.5.2]
 [org.clojure/math.combinatorics 0.0.1]
 [org.clojure/tools.macro 0.1.1]
 [swiss-arrows 0.1.0]
 [utilize 0.2.3]
   [joda-time 2.0]

Then you can "exclude" it in the project.clj file:

[[ordered "1.2.0" :exclusions [org.clojure/clojure]]

However, the Leiningen printout only shows the first blocking dependency. Then
you have to run it another time to find which next thing to exclude.

None of this makes any sense to me, and I hope I never really need to
understand it. I accept this pain as an offering to the Java gods.

-----
Brian Marick, Artisanal Labrador
Now working at http://path11.com
Contract programming in Ruby and Clojure
Occasional consulting on Agile