Not desired, but currently normal behavior.

This happens whenever certain concurrency features of Clojure are used,
creating other threads, and they take a while for them to be cleaned up on
exit.  Besides pmap, futures and a few other Clojure functions cause this.  You
can work around it if you call (shutdown-agents) before the end of your program.

http://dev.clojure.org/jira/browse/CLJ-124

Andy