Aha! Thanks for explaining this here as well as in detail on IRC and
working through it with me. It does indeed make sense.

Furthermore, we've already had this discussion on IRC, but at least one
person thought that my suggestions above were me being a jerk. Just wanted
to publicly state here that it was absolutely *not* my intention and if it
came off that way, I very much apologize.