Is there work towards building an algebra system with core.logic? So one
could analyze mathematical expressions: compute symbolic derivatives,
simplify expressions, determine undefined variables, and other forms of
analysis.

If there isn't, I have a good starting problem that I need help on.

Lets say I have a bunch of equations, with the left hand side a single
variable, and the right is some expression. They are not ordered in any way
but I would like to order them, (if possible, otherwise throw useful
error), such that there isn't any dependency problems. Is there a good way
to do this with core.logic? And is the performance comparable to a hand
coded solution. Or put another way, can it do this in seconds for 500
equations?