Hello Guys,

I am quite new to clojure, and I am a fan. It's a great thing. One thing
that seems missing, however, is a single unified way of setting up the
clojure environment. Which seemed pretty daunting to me at first.

So I have decided to create a Linux Distro specifically for Clojure
development.

I have been bouncing this idea in #clojure and it got a good response. So
now I have started the complete development effort.

My plan so far is as follows.

Mission Statement for the Distro

The distro should be able to:

   - Connect to internet.
   - Be able to convert itself into An VM/Iso/LiveCD etc
   - Have all IDEs for Clojure installed and preconfigured.
      - Eclipse
      - Vim
      - Emacs
      - Netbeans
   - Have a ready to play connection to clojure forums and channels
   - Have at-least one book on clojure programming on board
   - Have following clojure specific features
      - It should have leiningen installed and configured
      - It should have a local repo of all current clojure plugins
      - It should have a local "cloud" on which you can deploy web apps
      easily
      - it should have REPLlabs on baord and configured
   - Have Clojure specific branding

The packages that are needed absolutely:

   - OpenJDK 1.7.0
   - Leiningen
   - Clojure
   - Eclipse
   - Vim
   - Emacs 24
   - Netbeans
   - Emacs Starter kit
   - CCW plugin for eclipse
   - Firefox/Chrome
   - A local webserver
   - Postgresql
   - LXDE/XFCE
   - Gwibber/Other Social network Client
   - xchat
   - irssi
   - git
   - Regular packages for system functioning.

I am still open to ideas. I intend to roll it as a complete distro, so I
will love any and all input.

For now, the specific things I need input for are:

   - Who/How to create the art for branding.
   - Any packages that are missing from the above listing.
   - Any suggestions for the overall functioning.

I will soon have an actual website set up.

It is my intention to create a fully functional, independent Development
environment for Functional programmers by release 2. Right now, I am
working on release 0.0.1.

Looking forward to all input.

regards.

banseljaj