Hi,

I have a problem wherein I need to select subsets of a given map;
think about select-keys, but with arbitrary nesting.

For example, consider this map -

(def my-map {:name "John Doe"
               :email "j...@doe.com"
               :address {:house "42"
                         :street "Moon St."
                         :city "San Francisco"
                         :state "CA"
                         :zip 76509
                         :mobile "+188888888"}
               :ssn "123456"
               :spouse {:name "Jane Doe"
                        :ssn "654321"
                        :relation :wife
                        :address {:house "42"
                                  :street "Moon St."
                                  :city "Atlanta"
                                  :state "GA"
                                  :zip 76509
                                  :mobile "+188888888"}}})

>From the above map, I want to extract this sub-map -

{:spouse {:name "Jane Doe", :address {:state "GA", :city "Atlanta"}},
 :name "John Doe",
 :email "j...@doe.com",
 :address {:state "CA", :city "San Francisco"}}

What would be a good way to express this sub-map so that I can pass it
on to a function?

I am thinking about something like this -

[:name :email {:address [:city :state]} {:spouse [:name {:address
[:city :state]}]}]

Example implementations are also welcome.

Regards,
BG

--
Baishampayan Ghose