When clojurescript first came out

(.toString this)
(.toString this 3)

both of these seems to be a function call, but the first one was
transformed to

(. this toString)

and because there is no way to know if the user meant to call the function
"toString"
or get the property "toString", it returned the property "toString".

In other words, (.toString this) didn't actually call the function
"toString", instead, it returned the property "toString".

At some point this was changed to (.toString this) always meaning call the
function "toString", and
(.-toString this) meaning retrieve the property "toString".

Thus, the warning you see was put in to warn the user that (.toString this)
no longer means retrieving the property "toString".
That means that whenever you do a (.fn obj) call, the warning will pop up.
Note that it doesn't have be your code that
does this call, it can also be any code that you load.

http://dev.clojure.org/display/design/Unified+ClojureScript+and+Clojure+field+access+syntax

Jonathan