So far I can only confirm the following.

It does not occur if I revert to
commit 7b6678bead5a0733d0388ddaa4e78e714b9d6187 but does
from e959e0205a4b42a099c120a77427314d288c965b (Merge branch
'cljs-305-proto-inline') onward.

I have been unable to get a stacktrace with the exception - So at the
moment I really don't know why this is occurring.

If I find out more I will report it.

Otherwise - I am keen to know if anyone else sees a similar problem.