Hi,

They say that a part of a learning is to ask questions. Lots of
questions. That's why I'm here. I need your advice.

There's a team I'm a part of where people used to write Java apps.
They're fine with the job, but they do everything in Java. I thought
I'd introduce Clojure as a functional language to solve some problems
that are functional in nature, like processing XML files. I said I'd
show you how to do it different (well, I used the word "better").

The job of the XML parser module is to expose attributes with getX()
method-like style to other Java modules. There's a XML file of which
attributes should be available with getAnAttribute() methods.

I can read a XML file and process its elements, but don't know how to
expose them with getters. Should I create a Java class with necessary
getters and execute Clojure functions so to make the Java class a
wrapper or use AOT to generate getters off a Clojure namespace,
possibly a Clojure record?

How would you approach the task? It's my chance to introduce Clojure
and if it works fine there'll be more. I need to do it properly so
they can't see Clojure when they call the getters. They should just
call the getters from a class that belongs to a package that in turn
is a part of a project dependency.

Any help greatly appreciated. Please speak up with your ideas!

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
Functional languages (Clojure), Java EE, and IBM WebSphere -