I don't think you're in the minority. I prefer regular maps to records

> in general. struct-map was deprecated "a long time ago" (in Clojure
> 1.2). clojure.java.jdbc stopped using struct-map a while back - at the
> recommendation of Clojure/core - in favor of regular maps.
>
> Chas Emerick's flowchart is very helpful here I think:
>
> http://cemerick.com/2011/07/05/flowchart-for-choosing-the-right-clojure-type-definition-form/

Could you elaborate a little bit more? I know there is a chart, but the
chart does not tell you why. Again, if record provides everything a map can
provide, why would you prefer regular map? I thought at most you would say
"it does not make much difference", and that would mean "no harm" to me.