> There is indeed an infinite number of functions, or relationships between
> natural numbers. I don't think that means that that any one of those
> relationships is not computable because it is within the range of infinite
> functions. The countable parts of a program can still accept an infinite
> amount of input, like Turing's machine. So the best I can say is that all
> functions (relationships between natural numbers) can be computable, but
> humans may or may not have figured out a way to represent all natural
> numbers.

Some of these functions/relations are known to be not computable. For
example a function taking
the "source code" of a program (in any Turing-complete language) and
returning 1 if the
program stops or 0 if it runs forever. (the halting problem
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halting_problem )

This functions is mathematically perfectly well defined, but it can be
proved it can not be computed.
(No Turing machine can compute this function. It is important to
understand it is not a complexity
problem. It does not mean such a program would be too slow to be
useful. It really means such a program
can not exist.)