Thanks for the link! I didn't know that the Closure library contained an
arbitrary precision type, but should have expected it.

When you speak of performance, do you mean the extra cost of checking
argument types for the arithmetic operators? I wonder if this could be
addressed by introducing alternate operators +', -' and *' as in Clojure,
make these support the additional numeric types and leave the existing
operators alone. This is certainly something that makes sense for me to do
in a library.

In order to support the BigInt and Ratio literals, would I have to modify
the ClojureScript sources, or is it possible to extend emit-constant in
"user space"?

Olaf