I am trying to remove every occurrence of a given element from a vector.  I
can use (filter #(== % a) v) where 'a' is the value to be removed and 'v'
is the vector, but this returns 'a' and 'a' is the value i want to remove.
So, how can i do this? I tried replacing 'filter' with 'remove' but it
didn't like that. Also, can anyone tell me why != is not included for
equality testing, that would make this problem easy.

Thanks, Jason.

P.S. I also need to be able replicate the problem, but instead of removing
a single item from the vector, I need to remove a list of items from the
vector. I know I'm going to have to do some looping or recursing, but any
help would be appreciated. Thanks