On 8/10/12 5:21 AM, john wrote:
Hello,
I am just trying to understand the best practices in "ClojureScript One".

One thing that strikes me is that most html gets put (with the help of macros using enlive) in the actual cljs page.

As someone who hasn't done web-applications for years I myself would have created as much dynamic html content as possible on the server. But yet "ClojureScript One" seems to prefer to have all html in maps and render it on the client?

I also looked at Chris Granger's "crate" library and it seems to also follow this principle.

Since I consider Chris Granger and Brento Ashworth to be web experts I would just like to know the disadvantages of having
most html rendered on the server?

Many Greetings
John
John:

Many believe in letting the client do the work saving 'horsepower' on the server side. With Moore's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moore%27s_law) for hardware and similar increases in network bandwidth, I sometimes feel like a dinosaur when speaking of these things. Maybe we are at the point shifting this work to the client is no longer necessary. Probably the decision lies in the circumstances of the deployment considering all the factors involved (e.g., CPU counts and calibers, memory, network and etc).

Rick