> thanks a lot Nicolas...I'll definitely play around with your code tomorrow
> morning...if you say you can go up to level 5 in 11 sec this is really good
> performance -I can't wait to explore the code...I'll let you know of any
> comments of mine soon!

Of course, don't trust this code. I have written it quite quickly and
might be totally wrong.
(On top of the bug already mentionned).
For example the trick of mapping - on the result of the lower level
tbefore maximising is dubious.
Maybe two functions, one with min, one with max would be clearer.
And I do not construct the best series of moves. Only the best first move.