On 22/08/12 14:08, nicolas.o...@gmail.com wrote:
You should see a close to *4 speed up, at least in the level 4.
One thing that could happen is if some of your functions are using
an atom or a reference and the threads keeps bumping into each other
and retrying.
Are you sure that both next-level and core-by-count are pure functions?
(And any other that are used in the search....)

Well, the next-level fn derefs a promise (which holds a map with the current game's details) to produce the next boards but never changes it so has no side-effects...score-by-count is also pure - it just returns a number!

The problem is that (:value Integer/MIN_VALUE) is nil, which looks
like a bug and make your code hard to understand.

I'm really sorry but I don't follow...I'm only doing (:value best) or (:value next). best or next return a Move-Value (it has :move and :value keys) where the :value key could be Integer/MIN_VALUE - I'm not doing (:value Integer/MIN_VALUE) anywhere...

Jim