On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 10:48:03AM +0100, nicolas.o...@gmail.com wrote:
> > In particular, if I attempt to replace the `r/reduce` call on line #23,
> > with a call to `r/fold`, I get the following crash:
> >
> This calss sems strange.
> remaining? should represent a monoid for it to work.
>
> Meaning two functions:
> 1 -> A and (A -> A -> A)
>
> In your code, the case with no arg returns a boolean, and the function
> in the other branch wait
> for a boolean and a number.

You're likely right, but currently my code doesn't even get to
"remaining?" (i.e. if I put a log line in the method, it never gets
logged).

Actually, this is a different issue, but my reading of the reducers
library is that I could use "remaining?" as is for the reducef and a
separate function for the combinef, and only combinef needs to be a
proper monoid. Is that right? Also, on a related note, it's very
annoying that "and" in Clojure is implemented as a macro and therefore
cannot be used directly as combinef...

- Josh

--
Joshua Ballanco