I realize this is an old thread ... and the blog link about the gwt-clojure
project is dead.

I just wanted to mention that I'm working on something similar, with a
somewhat different approach:

This one is a java metaprogramming toolkit written in clojure. It turns
clojure forms into java source code which can be compiled with the GWT
compiler.

It's not production-ready by any means, it is very experimental, but I'd be
glad to have any feedback on the general concepts or the clojure code (this
is my first clojure project, I'm probably missing a lot of good uses of the
sequence libraries and such)

https://github.com/blak3mill3r/percolator/blob/master/play/src/com/whatsys/test.clj