I have done a little library to provide better support in Clojure for
java.nio. It covers three main areas: 1) extending clojure.java.io to
cover java.nio type where reasonable, 2) providing a set of coercion
functions for java.nio types (similar to those for java.io provided by
clojure.java.io), and 3) provides buffer-seq, buffer-nth, and
buffer-to-array so that Buffers can get some of the niceness of
Clojure's seq abstractions, etc.

I brought this topic up on the clojure-dev mailing list. I would like
to see the buffer-seq, buffer-nth, and buffer-to-array work integrated
better into Clojure, and there is still discussion happening around
that. Otherwise, this work could just remain a separate library, or
perhaps it could be rolled into clojure.java.io.

Whatever the case, please use it and I would appreciate any feedback.

https://github.com/pjstadig/nio
https://clojars.org/nio

Paul