On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Martin <martin9...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Im having problems using Leiningen together with Clojure 1.4 (and 1.3) on
> Windows 7. Using Leiningen version 1.5.2 I can create a new project and use
> lein deps to download clojure version 1.2.1. However if I change
> dependencies in project.clj to org.clojure/clojure "1.4.0", I run into
> trouble. Running lein deps downloads clojure-1.4.0.jar to lib. Running lein
> repl gives:
>
> Warning: *classpath* not declared dynamic and thus is not dynamically
> rebindable, but its name suggests otherwise. Please either indicate
> ^:dynamic *classpath* or change the name. (NO_SOURCE_PATH:1)
> REPL started; server listening on localhost:50497.
>
> It starts up and gives me a prompt, but whatever I write at the prompt
> (even just enter) freezes the program, forcing me to exit with ctrl-c.
>
> I also tried using Leiningen 2.0.0. It automatically creates a project
> with Clojure 1.3.0 as dependency. Running lein deps gives no error but I
> cant find Clojure 1.3.0 downloaded anywhere. There is a .lein folder in
> C:\Users\Martin which contains a couple of jars but not the main Clojure
> one. Running lein repl starts clojure 1.3.0 without errors, but as above,
> as soon as I type anything it freezes.
>
> Any ideas?

Wipe out any traces of leiningen by removing $HOME/.lein

"install" the latest lein again (the latest 2 version)

now running `lein new foo` should create a blank project with clojure 1.4
as a dependency:

denis@zeus:~/tmp$ lein new foo
Generating a project called foo based on the 'default' template.
To see other templates (app, lein plugin, etc), try `lein help new`.
denis@zeus:~/tmp$ cat foo/project.clj
(defproject foo "0.1.0-SNAPSHOT"
  :description "FIXME: write description"
  :url "http://example.com/FIXME";
  :license {:name "Eclipse Public License"
            :url "http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html"}
  :dependencies [[org.clojure/clojure "1.4.0"]])