Tim,

Timothy Washington <twash...@gmail.com> writes:

> I was following the instructions on the ritz-nrepl
> page<https://github.com/pallet/ritz/tree/develop/nrepl>. And
> I get the error below, when executing the "*M-x nrepl-ritz-jack-in*"
> command.

> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to resolve symbol: ex-info in
> this context
>         at clojure.lang.Util.runtimeException(Util.java:156)
>         at clojure.lang.Compiler.resolveIn(Compiler.java:6720)
>         at clojure.lang.Compiler.resolve(Compiler.java:6664)
>         at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyzeSymbol(Compiler.java:6625)
>         at clojure.lang.Compiler.analyze(Compiler.java:6198)
>         ... 171 more

This seems to be an issue with clojure 1.4 not being used in the
controlling vm, and should have been fixed by
https://github.com/pallet/ritz/issues/53, which will be included in the
next release.

> You mention that this is meant to be used in tandem with nrepl.el (*
> nrepl-jack-in*)? Because it looks like a parallel tool (*nrepl-ritz-jack-in*).

You should be able to invoke nrepl-ritz-jack-in once nrepl-ritz.el is
installed.

> Could you run through a typical workflow of setting and using the "*M-x
> nrepl-ritz-break-on-exception*" command? I just want to make sure that I'm
> grokking how to use it.

After running  'M-x nrepl-ritz-break-on-exception', you should get the
debugger activated on an exception. So, entering something like
(throw (Exception. "Hello")) at the repl should result in a debugger
buffer being displayed, showing you a stacktrace.

Hope that helps,

Hugo