What about the --output_wrapper part?

My clojurescript js never calls the minified foreign library directly: What
I have is [1] some plain non-optimized javascript that calls [2] CodeMirror
for the code and position, then calls [3] my clojurescript js to find out
how to do the requested paredit thing, and then calls [2] CodeMirror again
to do it.

So [3] never calls [2]

[2] and [3] export stuff so that [1] can call them.

And my problem is that [2] isn't wrapped in an anonymous function. How do I
get cljsbuild to tell Closure to use --output_wrapper? (Also, I guess
there's a good reason why it doesn't always wrap its output?)