A lot of scribble's features are geared towards providing tooling for
Literate Programming, and currently I'm way more than satisfied with
org-babel. This has been built into Emacs by defaut since IIRC version 23.2
or so. Opening any file in org-mode (`M-x org-mode') immediately provides
you with a full LP experience. You can "weave" your org file to a number of
different output formats (HTML, PDF, and ODT being my favorites using `M-x
org-export-as-*') with beautiful tables, figures, embedded images, properly
formatted math (LaTeX!), and language-specific fontified code blocks. You
can "tangle" your org file (i.e., automatically extract code blocks and
rearrange them in a new source code only file(s)) to create an entire src/
directory with one command (`M-x org-babel-tangle'). And possible the
coolest feature of all is that you can live evaluate any code block (by
sending it to a Clojure REPL using nrepl or swank-clojure) by simply typing
`C-c C-c' in any code block within the org file. This allows for the
typical "write, test, modify, test" loop that Clojure programmers are used
to. Just for the final coup de grace, you can use any number of different
programming languages within the same org file and either tangle them out
to their own files (.sh, .clj, .java, etc) for building up an entire system
within org-mode, or you can live evaluate those blocks and have them
automatically pass their results between blocks of different languages. So
you could write some Clojure code to calculate the values in a tree
in-memory, send that on to some python code that creates the graphviz code
representation of the tree as a string, and have that chained right along
to a dot code block that invokes graphviz to create the PDF image of your
tree, which is then embedded dynamically into your org file when you weave
it.

I made a simple example program to illustrate the basics of using org-babel
as a github project that you can find here:

  http://github.com/lambdatronic/org-babel-example

The actual org-babel site can be found here:

  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/index.html

Get Literate.
  ~Gary