On Thursday, October 11, 2012 9:11:44 AM UTC-7, Sean Corfield wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 9:43 PM, Brian Craft <craft...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> and I get "Insufficient bytes to decode frame" from gloss. I didn't
>> expect an error reading the table. What am I doing wrong?
>

> Source for read-table?

Including all the functions it calls, it's about 150 lines. I'm trying to
pare it down to a simple example. If I replace the gloss.io/decode call
with a vector literal, it works.

I also tried replacing the doseq with a dorun, to make the two cases more
similar. Here's the actual code for the dorun:

  (sql/with-connection db
    (with-open [flat (io/writer "baylor_ER_fpkm_v2.flat.tbx")]
      (dorun (map
;         #(println %)
         #(.write flat (str (clojure.string/join "\t" [(% :chrom) (%
:start) (% :end) (score-str (% :scores))]) "\n"))
         (slice-probes "genomic_baylor_ER_fpkm_v2" "chr1")))))

If I enable the println instead of the .write, it works. With the .write
gloss throws the error. I'm completely baffled as to how the function
called by map is affecting the sequence returned by (slice-probes).

Can anyone spin a story here that would explain how this is possible?