On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 4:45 PM, Grant Rettke <gret...@acm.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 3:45 PM, Grant Rettke <gret...@acm.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 18, 2012 at 3:42 PM, Mark Engelberg
> > <mark.engelb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> A def, even inside defn, creates and binds a global variable.
> >
> > Woa, I see, thanks!
>
> Anyone voted for internal define lately?

At this point I think it's highly unlikely to change - the behavior is
pretty well documented:

user=> (doc def)
def
  (def symbol doc-string? init?)
Special Form
  Creates and interns a global var with the name
  of symbol in the current namespace (*ns*) or locates such a var if
  it already exists.  If init is supplied, it is evaluated, and the
  root binding of the var is set to the resulting value.  If init is
  not supplied, the root binding of the var is unaffected.

  Please see http://clojure.org/special_forms#def