HTTP/1.1 200 OK^M
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 21:00:01 GMT^M
Connection: close^M
Server: Jetty(7.x.y-SNAPSHOT)^M
^M
Memory in use (percentage/used/max-heap): ("2%" "9M" "446M")  CPU usage
(how-many-cpu's/load-average):  [4 1.09] free memory in jvm: 3658048

Which is not the picture of an app running out of memory.

I'll add more logging to get a better sense of this. I'm thinking this is
some other error (not memory), but I can not guess what.